- City/State have been added to the CC2 email notifications
- Default options on CMA Presentation set up are now available within the CMA Preferences Wizard. This means that you can now set your default options on the Comparable Report, CMA Summary, CMA Comparable Property Statistics and CMA Seller’s Net Sheet.
- The Tax Autofill tool on CMA is now linking appropriately to our third party public record source, CRS.
- All references to “Client Connect” has been removed from the system; it now reflects “Collaboration Center” everywhere.
- The duplicate display of the Status field in the Collaboration Center was fixed.
- City/State was added to listing views in the Collaboration Center on Mobile.
- Fixed an issue within the Collaboration Center portals that were not resetting correctly; specifically previously sorted listings were not retained causing the user to resort each time they accessed the portal.
- Fixed an issue where a listings were displaying twice in Power Search.
- Changed accepted values in Max Width and Max Length in Boat Facility to handle XXX.XX as opposed to XX only
- Added selection of “Reservoir” to Water Body Type
In addition, all Listing Input Forms were updated on May 17th to reflect system changes and enhancements!
April, 2017 proved to be another busy month for updates and enhancements to Paragon! A comprehensive list is below:
- “Condo Fees” is a new required field when entering a Condo listing. If “Yes” is selected, “Fee” and “Fee Frequency” are conditionally required.
- “Date – Available” has been added to Listing Input in the Rental property class.
- Within the Features – Interior field, the selection of “In-Law Apartment” has been changed to “In-Law/Accessory Dwelling”.
- “Vacant Land” has been added to Commercial Sale. If “Yes” is selected, Year Built, Basement and Exterior are no longer required fields.
- The “Foreclosed/Bank Owned/REO field will now be available to go out in datafeeds for use on websites (IDX, neren.com, third party).
As previously communicated, the selection of “None” from the Construction Status field within the Structure section of listing maintenance in Paragon is being removed. Going forward, a selection of “None” in this field will deliver an error message to make a different selection.
In the Construction Status field, the following valid selection options are available: Existing, New Construction or Pre-Construction. If you have a listing currently with “None” as a selection, you will be prompted to make a change if you go in to edit your listing.
the NEREN Board of Directors made a change to the rule that requires new listings be available to be shown upon entry into the MLS database. The reason for this change is that the requirement to show a property has been the only barrier keeping certain listings from being entered into the MLS. Examples include when a member signs a listing agreement on a property that is having work done and cannot show the property until the work is complete, or has written authorization from the seller to market the property for a period of time in advance of showings.
In these situations members could not enter the property because our rules require that the property be available to be shown upon submission to the NEREN database. Thus by modifying our showing requirement, additional listings will qualify for entry into NEREN, thus increasing the NEREN compilation, and NEREN’s relevance and value to its members.
This rule will now read as follows (with the underlined being the new change):
Section 2.10 Availability of Listings
Listing brokers shall not misrepresent the availability of access to show or inspect the listed property, and if first showings are delayed (beyond 48 hours of initial listing input), the listing brokers shall indicate the date showings can begin in the designated input field, as well as make a notation of the showings start date into the public remarks field. Then beginning on the date specified and continuing thereafter, the listing shall be available to be shown to all buyers/lessees for so long as the listing remains in an “Active” or “Active Under Contract” status. If a property is temporarily unavailable to be shown to buyers/lessees due to personal reasons of the seller/lessor it shall not be shown to any buyers/lessees during that period of temporary unavailability.
- A new field has been added into listing maintenance called“Delayed Showings”. This field with available selections of Yes or No is non-mandatory and defaulted to No. Thus, for listings that will not have a delayed showing, the system experience for you will be the same as it is for you currently. Meaning that you do not have to do anything different unless you decide to enter a delayed showing start date.
- If Yes is selected, then entry of a conditionally mandatory “Date – Showings Begin” field will be required.
- Notation of the showing start date must also be indicated in the public remarks field. (Please recall that all current rules related to public remarks content still apply. If showings will begin at an open house, reference to such is still not permitted in public remarks).
- Once the Date – Showings Begin field is complete and the listing saved, the date can be changed by contacting NEREN staff.
- These fields are included in all public data feeds, on the MLS public website neren.com (will be visible on website in early May) and on the following Paragon reports and views so far: *Agent Full, *Cust Full, Agent 2 PG Resi, Cust 2 PG Resi, Agnt 1 PG Classic, Collaboration Center (contact portal), Agent 2UP, Agent 1PG Classic Add, Agent 1PG Template.
Using the Power Search
Power Search is a search feature available to you no matter where you are in Paragon at the very top of the page.
Power Search can be used to search for several different types of results:
1. MLS Numbers: Type 1-30 MLS numbers separated by a comma
2. Member Contact Information: Type an agent’s name to quickly obtain their phone number, address, and email address (based on information from their member profile)
3. Office Contact Information: Type an office’s name to quickly obtain its phone number and address.
4. Contacts: If you’ve saved a contact in Paragon, enter their name to jump to their profile.
5. Saved Searches: quickly pull up any of your saved searches by typing in the name you assigned it.
The functionality is similar to Google in that as you type, options will appear beneath for selection. A maximum of 10 results in each category will appear. The more you type, the more accurate your results will be.
Each section provides a label, which is a hyperlink. In the above example, clicking on “Listings (10)” will take you directly to a spreadsheet to view all 10 results at once.
Hovering over the Power Search will provide you with a tool tip reminding you of what it can be used for. There is also a blue question mark directing you to Paragon’s help site with details regarding Power Search functionality.
Using the Restrictions Field
What used to be “Occupant Restrictions” in InnoVia is now simply “Restrictions” in Paragon.
As an auto-fill/look up field, you can either start typing the restriction(s) you wish to include or use the magnifying glass. Behind the magnifying glass, you’ll find many familiar options, such as “55 and Over” and pet related selections.
Making selections in “Restrictions” is important because it helps make search more efficient for those needing to include or exclude these types of options.
How to use the Fee Fields in Paragon
Within Paragon’s listing maintenance, there are fields for Fees: “Fee”, “Fee 2” and “Fee 3”. Each fee field includes a “Fee Frequency” and a “Fee Includes” field.
The “Fee,” “Fee 2” and “Fee 3” fields are to provide the dollar amount of fees, for example $150. The “Fee Frequency” fields provide a drop-down menu allowing you to select how often that fee is to be paid, for example “Monthly.” The “Fee Includes” fields provide options for selection to explain the type of fee, for example “Condo Association, ” “HOA” or “Special Assessments.”
Remembering to provide the fee amounts when inputting a listing is important as this information is relevant to buyers. While the list price may be within their range, any fees associated with the property will affect the overall cost to the buyer.
Scheduling Tours and Open Houses
You can schedule tours and open houses to display within Paragon and be included in data feeds to NEREN.com and third party sites. Tours and Open Houses are created within listing maintenance.
Once a listing is saved, as long it is Active or Active Under Contract, you’ll have the ability to schedule an open house or tour. This can be completed directly from the “Actions” hyperlink in listing maintenance.
You can also click on the MLS number to edit your listing and find the ability to schedule an open house or tour in the panel on the left.
Open houses and tours are different types of events. A tour is a broker open house and will only be available within Paragon. An open house is a public open house and will be available in Paragon, as well as NEREN.com and third party sites such as Zillow and REALTOR.com.
You can find open house and tour details from the “Action Icons” on the spreadsheet or within reports, as well as by running a “Tour and Open House” search via the Search menu, or via your Market Monitor.
Based on member feedback, the following is a list of the latest enhancements within Paragon for March, 2017:
- Added “Arts and Crafts” and “Craftsman” as a selections under “Style”
- Updated the values of some Village/District/Locales to create consistency in formatting.
- Added option of “Other” to the “Fee Frequency”, “Fee Frequency 2” and “Fee Frequency 3” Fields.
- Added “Taxes” as a selection under the “Fee Includes”, “Fee 2 Includes” and “Fee 3 Includes fields”.
- Added the following selections to “Features – Assisted Living”:
- Podiatry Care
- Pain Management
- Diet & Nutrition Management
- Cultural/Spiritual Ed/Activities
- Lounge Areas
- In-Room Dining Options
- Added new non-mandatory field, “Business Only” with selections of Yes/No to Commercial Sale (Note: In error “No” was added as “None”, this is being corrected). If “Yes” is selected, the following fields are no longer required:
- Deed – Recorded Type
- Deeds – Total
- Deed – Book
- Deed – Page
- Taxes TBD
- Taxes – Gross Amount
- Tax Year
- Year Built
- Short Sale
- Foreclosed/Bank Owned/REO
- Created relationship in the Sub-market field in Commercial Sale and Commercial Lease which will allow for a selection of “Springfield” when the State = Vermont.
- City and State added to listing expiration notices.
- Mobile Listing View improved (more responsive design when it is detected the user is viewing the listing on a mobile device).
- Added the ability to display a Price Range on a CMA .
- Fixed issue within CC2 related to filtering searches. Previously, if you swapped your search, the Favorite, Possible, and Rejected buckets did not filter.
- Added ability to filter by search when viewing CC2 from a mobile device
- Added the ability to take a listing out of Favorite, Possible or Rejected and place it back in Undecided
- The mobile thumbnail in CC2 has been improved to include MLS #, City, State, and Zip.
- The Property History within CC2 how sorts newest to oldest.
- Added functionality to allow the user to add their social media links to their profile in CC2.
- Added ability for users to zoom in/out on the map within CC2.
- Agent Photo – previously if a user updated their photo in Paragon it did not carry over into the CC2 environment, it now will.
- Contacts now have the ability to upload their own photo within the CC2 environment.
- A new “help” overlay was added to CC2 for consumers.
- Changed functionality on the Market Monitor to allow the MLS to determine the name of the “buckets”. Our “Pending” bucket will therefore be renamed “Under Contract” as both our AUC and PE listings live there.
- Fixes were made to the Bulletin Board, specifically posts that appear and then go missing and removal of the RSS Checkbox.